Open Thread: What Makes You a Good Designer?
Today I’d like to try something new and have a fun discussion on what makes someone a ‘good’ designer. What’s your opinion?
I think it will be exciting to talk and compare opinions on what it really is the makes you a good designer. Hopefully you can even come away with some new thoughts on how to be better!
Give it Some Thought
It sounds pretty straightforward, but give it some thought- what is the underlying gift/skill/experience that really makes the difference between mediocre and excellent?
- Does a designer have to go to school to be good?
- Do good designers steal or copy?
- What traits are essential in a good designer?
- Are people born with design savvy, or do they aquire it?
- Is it true that a designer has to own a Mac in order to be ‘official’?
What Do You Think?
I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts!